Sign in to follow this  
146 Jockey

Wheel Spinning

OK, so car is now fully set up, engine run-in, but it wheel spins in 1st and 2nd! And when its wet.......... How much for an LSD, is it worth the money? and what do you recommend? Darren, Gav?

Going on the rolling road at the end of the month and hope it will put out 220+

Cheers,

Baz

quaife atb is what ya needing mate ... also maybe worth asking phatvr6 about the u.s peliquion diff as these are ment to be cheaper and also very very good.

Great... ,now imagine how I'm going to get on with my G60 :lol:

Cheers

Struan

yeah, and try my little G60 when it's back on the road... I think a whole new gear selection AND an LSD are gonna be needed... :? :lol:

well u g60 boys might be spinning 1st and 2nd but ive done 1st 2nd 3rd wheels spin down Santa pod :lol: lol thanx to some one that videoed me and then sent it to me lol :oops:

oh and the beauty of DTA just a few sensors and I have traction/launch control :D but that would be boring :twisted:

I've got a Peloquin ATB diff from America. Just the same as a Quaife ATB diff really.

It won't give you much more traction in a straight line. but it'll stop the N/S wheel lighting up first all the time.

You'll notice it working mostly when powering out of bends, the car won't spint he insode wheel and plough on (undesteer) any more, it'll just bite an pull you round the bend. Takes some getting used to ,but once you learn to steer with both hands and just point it where you want to go, have faith in the diff and stamp on the loud pedla and it'll just gripp all the way. Just be careful of the back end breaking loos!

Awesome things, all FWD cars should have one.

Baz, save yourself 500 quid plus fitting and leave your lead boot at home. Wearing flip flops instead, should go a long way, to curing the wheelspinning you are suffering!! :D :D :D :D

Gvain

Just posted a similar topic on general car talk section. In wet i loose loads of power up till 3rd if i boot it, in dry though is better but still there is wheelspin. I think the cheapest way do do this is put slick tires at front when you use the car at the track dragin or if you wanna have fun on a dry road.

Gav,

I know dude :lol: :lol:

I think I'll start working for a living!

BTW Are you still working on the 'Scare Bus!?'

Baz

Yeah, kicking tyres and telling the pilots 'it flew in mate, it'll fly out'!! It is a pity my dubs aren't as serviceable as an A330 airframe.

What about your 5 APUs?? :lol: :lol:

Gavin

Got my new car and am just having some work done on it at the moment. Found out somthing the other day which is kinda relevant to this post. Turns out the girlfriends parents are real close friends of Mike Quaife and his wife. Met him the other night at her house (he was in a porshe 911)...and he said that if i went down to the factory he'd do a deal on a gearbox with atb etc for me!!!!!!

Don't hate me guys.... :wink:

Got my new car and am just having some work done on it at the moment. Found out somthing the other day which is kinda relevant to this post. Turns out the girlfriends parents are real close friends of Mike Quaife and his wife. Met him the other night at her house (he was in a porshe 911)...and he said that if i went down to the factory he'd do a deal on a gearbox with atb etc for me!!!!!!

Don't hate me guys.... :wink:

.............of course you could negotiate a Corrado-Forum Group buy 8) :lol: :lol: :lol:

For a start you can tell him he's a c*nt for not doing me a syncro diff, making me go to America for one, and then bringing one out after all.

For a start you can tell him he's a c*nt for not doing me a syncro diff, making me go to America for one, and then bringing one out after all.

hmmm may not help the group buy though paul :wink:

wheel spin is a nitemare on my car :cry:

I'd never buy from quaife again, their attitude stinks.

As for your wheelspin probs AMy, turn the boost down!! ;-)