Sign in to follow this  
hombre_paulo

Another Window Problem

Hiya All,

Quick question. My Window/CL fuse keeps on blowing, it seemed to be when I unlocked the car so at the weekend i unplugged the cl pump to see if that was the cause. Placed a new fuse in and all seemed ok with the windows (although passenger one doesnt work, WCM??). Locked and unlocked the door fine, and the window still worked as it should :D .

Went to the car this morning, fired it up, drove to friends house were i went to open the window and nothing happened, fuse gone :mad2: :mad2: !! Does this sound like the WCM is having a mood, or could it be trapped/crap wiring somewhere? If it is the WCM this would save me having to trace all the wiring.

Also while I had the cl pump out I tested the system for leaks by blowing/sucking the pnuematic system. Everything seems to lock fine, but when blowing to unlock it seems to take ages and a lot of puff to get the passenger door up, is this normal? Guessing longer pipe to the passenger door, or I`m thinking it could be an air leak somewhere? (More interior out!!!)

Thanks for the help

P

Update:

Put another fuse in but this time didnt replace the plastic tray which hides the box as i heard this can trap a wire. And all was well, started the car, turned it off, started it, turned it off, removed key, got back in etc etc.

Drove to work, still with the tray out, parked up, went to work. When i came out to the car at the end of the day, boom no power windows, fuse has blown again! Does this sound like dicky wiring in and around the fuse box which is occasionally shorting out?

Thanks

P

Afer months of putting this off i finally pulled out the central locking loom which goes from the back of the fuse box into the drivers door, it was not a pretty sight.

I have replaced it with a new loom and connected everything back up and put a new fuse in.

The windows now work on both sides, the fuse doesnt pop when unlocking/locking the door but the central locking doesnt work at all, either from the drivers or passenger door.

I have definitely reconnected the pump and cant hear it even tryin to run.

Is there another connector behind the fusebox which completes the CL circuit which i may have nudged loose?