Sign in to follow this  
wazza

Not Corrado but still VW & how do I fix it?

Can anyone help? I'm in the process of putting a new drivers door on my mate's MK4 golf and I can't figure out how to remove the door handle!

I've figured out how to disconnect everything else from the replacement door only I (and my dad) just can't see how the handle is released. I've had a bit of a search and am i right in thinking that removing the torx screw will release the handle? We did do this earlier but it didn't make any difference, although we weren't pulling on the handle at the same time, which is what was suggested. I can see that once the handle is removed then we can unscrew the backing plate, which means we can then swap the lock barrels over only we just can't get to that :censored: screw!

Thankfully my mate is being very patient... but then again its his own fault for driving into a bollard! :p

With difficulty.... you need to remove the lock cylinder before you can get to the cable that lets you remove the handle...

The handle then pivots out like a MK3 etc... you need to undo that Torx screw but not completly

Thanks for your help - those guides look like just what i need... doesn't look like a 5 minute job tho, or even the several hour one i was hoping for! :pale: