Sign in to follow this  
sprinterVR6

gettng a VR - any of current 'for sale' crop any good?.....

not sure if this thread will be allowed - but here goes...

Just wondering if anyone knows the history/current driver of any of the current for sale VR6's?

There's a tidy red one on autotrader 1995 with black leather and a blue storm on Pis'heads for 3,985

also the green supercharged VR 1996 for 3,995. Or midnight blue 1995 vr for 3,850

anyone here know these cars?? Care to PM a 'don't go near' or 'she's a straight car'. Let me know.

If this seems a bit cheeky/naughty - u can lock it up

Your thread should be locked for being too lazy to even post links mate.

Seriously though I'm unsure what use any responses would be to you. A car for sale is only as good as it's last owner in my view. A previously well kept car could have been completely neglected by it's current owner, or a previously knackered car could have been restored by it's current owner. The questions you seem to be harbouring only realistically be answered by (a) a thorough inspection when you view the car, or better still an AA/RAC check and (b) an HPI check.

Don't rely on anything anyone tells you about a specific car in an ad or on an internet forum. I wouldn't, anyway.

As i've discovered from personal buying experience (& i've swaped and changed between a fair few cars over the last couple of years...); one man's minter is another man's pile of crap.

So many 'yeah its imaculate mate' cars have turned out to be poo. It pays to do your research and spend a lot of time talking to the owners prior to viewing, but even then too many peeps view their cars through rose tinted glasses! :mad2: I on the other hand have car 'OCD' which is my downfall :lol:

Good luck with your search though! I spotted a nice looking low miler, one owner car on PH earlier...

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1178012.htm

If minty it could be a decent buy, but it's a lot of money...

your right - pretty dumb post. It's just I value the thoughts of seasoned forum'er's quite highly. Having been there/seen that etc :salute:

That black low miler is prob spot on, but unless their willing to do a Mike Ashley on it :lol: , it's too rich for my blood.

Get some links the the cars you've seen....

The Green Supercharged VR might be an old forum members, I think it was up for sale a while back. If it is, it's lovely.

Toad / Richair - cheers for replies guys - very much appreciated - love this forum :luvlove:

the 1996 black one via your link Richair looks VERY VERY tempting :norty:

will try and post links of those that've caught my eye