Sign in to follow this  
gareth naffine

spluttering corrado G60

the car ticks over fine on idle,but when you go to pull away the revs dies and the car nearly stalls and you have to hold your foot on the pedal and wait for the revs to build up for a few seconds.The car also smells very rich and is 9% on c.o. meter!Probably is over fueling. This seems to be worse when car warms up.I have lost the cat ,put in new lambda probe, set timing tried a new ecu unit and the car in general has had a full service.Has any one had this problem!Apart from all these problems the car performs very well. :?:

There's a vaccuum hose that runs from the top nipple on the back of the throttle body to the ECU. This needs to be in spot on condition and EXACTLY 1meter long for the car to run properly... That'd be the first thing I'd check, and then I'd check for boost leaks in the pipework from the 'charger to the throttle body as a leak in one of these would mean that you're not getting the correct airflow into the engine....

May also be worth checking your airflow sensor...

hope this helps... 8)

There's a vaccuum hose that runs from the top nipple on the back of the throttle body to the ECU. This needs to be in spot on condition and EXACTLY 1meter long for the car to run properly... That'd be the first thing I'd check, and then I'd check for boost leaks in the pipework from the 'charger to the throttle body as a leak in one of these would mean that you're not getting the correct airflow into the engine....

May also be worth checking your airflow sensor...

hope this helps... 8)

ill second that by the sounds of your symptons it could very well be the vac hose from the t/body to the ecu..

on a separate note gareth that dics you sent me only had the shortcuts to the pics on and not the actual pics mate.. u can try and mail them to me a few at a time to mailto:[email protected] if you like. :lol: