Sign in to follow this  
Erickramirez

Switched from K&N to ITG now...?

I've asked the same question before but I'm thinking it's probably easily done with a strap wrench round pulley and a socket for the nut- the same tool used to get oil filers off. Am I right?

ok so i got my pulley out and took some pics, and now i tried to put it back on and tighten it but im just back to where i started, i cant tighten it enough so its wobbling just like before i took it off. has anyone ever installed a supercharger pulley with just a strap wrench and a socket? or do you need a special tool to torque it etc.? well heres the pics and i also got a video of the pulley. any tips on how to install would be great, thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_WwNhgTdKE

67idtz.jpg

25uqt7t.jpg

1zcprtz.jpg

9zu5x3.jpg

qmz4nm.jpg

looks like its badly worn from being loose

i just used a old serp belt and done it up with a normal rachet and socket

am i going to need a new pulley or can i still use this one? i know it looks pretty bad in the pics but in person its not that bad its just a little dirty lol

Yeah new one I'd say... those aftermarket ones are alloy which is fine but is also soft so looks like it's worn from being loose as Steve says above...

yep id get another one..theyre not that expensive

id also take a look at the threads and outer shaft that it fits on incase its ruined them as well

id prob get a new bolt for good measure too

:wave: hello lads, my charger has a slight moaning noise to it,is that normal? :confused4:

they dont run silent...there is some pulsing kinda noise from them , best have someone else listen if in doubt

yeah i will.this is my first corrado and loveing it, i always thought that they were suppose to whine.ive only ever heard one other g60 and that had a BB charger on it.also are the K&N pannel filters for the standard air box better than the cone ones??????

might be an idea to start your own thread rather than post on this fellas one

the std airbox with a paper filter is dafest for the charger...g60s dont really whine or howl like some of the other brands

Good news guys, i got my new pulley from bahn brenner and installed it and now my car sounds better than ever! i did notice something though, on the outer shaft that the pulley goes in, the key on it was sort of loose, not really loose it just moved a little, is that normal? anyways thanks for all the help!

So just to conclude, the eurosport intake and ITG filter were NOT the cause of this problem correct? or were they? was it just a random coincedence? cuz if it wasnt the intakes fault i would like to put it back in, thanks again