Sign in to follow this  
Toad

Aerial in ETKA.

Before I start to sulk, can anyone point me at where the aerial is shown in ETKA, for some reason I can't search on the part number...

Cheers!

The number on my actual aerial is 1H0 035 503 C

It's not amplified, which is where the difference lies I believe. Anyway, I can't ATP it as it was discontinued in 97. :( Might just paint it black and see how it lasts.

I'll have a look at the special catalogue. Cheers!

Can you not do a part number search on it and see what it supercedes too? most likely a 6N0 part which is what I have on the G60 - identical part.

It says something like "dropped 13/08/97, no replacement".

If there is a replacement or something very similar, I'd be most excited to hear about it...

Speak to Neil mate - he got me the 6NO part but was years ago... if there is just one listed for a MK4 Polo (95on) then I would just buy that

Cool. Got to pop into the dealer in the morning to pick some bolts up, so I'll badger them then.

I wonder how much they are from Vauxhall?, they appear to have identical ones on a fair few models.

My mk4 one seems the same too although I can't remember what connection they have under the roof lining, will have to take another look sometime as that gets excellent reception.

I would be interested to learn if the OE aerial is still available and if not the most suitable replacement

Spoke to the dealer.

The 6N part he found was amplified, but a "mere" £75 with VAT. I think I'll search for the non amplified version on ETKA tonight when I have a bit of time...

I bought a mk3 version from GSF, but it has the wrong connections... :(

You sure david? I thought Vauxhall ones were a different angle...

Also you need to make sure it has the same connections too

corsas have a more upright one, but I don't think the calibras and vectras do, the unscrewable tips are all interchangeable too.

I had to change mine last year, I brought one for a mk4 golf exactly the same apart from the plug to the corrado's aerial wire, this needs to be swoped over from the old unit. Nothing anyone handy with a soldering iron can't do!

I will dig out the paperwork later and get the part numbers.