Sign in to follow this  
Rathion

Early/Late Front ABS Sensors

Anyone know the difference between early and late front sensors? I have late sensors whis seem to be a sensor and a seperate loom attached by multi plug. My loom/wiring from sensor to strut top is damaged and I'm struggling to get a replacement so I was wondering if an early sensor would fit as I believe they are a 1 piece item with wiring fully attached.

Anyone any idea if an early sensor would fit or where I could get the loom for a later one?

Thanks.

wow, what a head scratcher, I'm remembering back to 3 years ago. I had late ones too, and yes they come in two parts. Had real trouble getting old out out and new one in, of actual sensors. As for cable, yes it was plug and play. However, Im sure mine came in one kit off GSF. It's just a case of ring around to see if anyone sells as seperates? Or, look for someone breaking a car - as replacing the wire is so easy. I'd not put an old sensor in though - too much trouble.

I don't want to put in an old sensor I'm needing to know if the sensor for an early car would fit. I can buy a new sensor for an early car with the wire already attached but I'm struggling to get the wiring for the later sensor. I have been trying to get some off of a guy who is breaking a car but he doesn't seem overly keen to get them posted. If someone could confirm if anywhere sells the later sensors with "loom" included then I have no probs buying them. I tried 2 VW dealers and neither were very helpful saying that the part was obsolete.