Sign in to follow this  
scrubbadubdub

20v turbo info wanted

hey im new to here and im looking into doing a 20v turbo conversion on a 91 g60 corrado.

i bought the car without engine or box for bits but when it turned up i hadnt got the heart to break it lol.

anyway. was thinking about going for agu as i think they have cable throttle is that true if not what one has

does the engine mounts to the original engine mounts???

ive read that 110tdi output flanges will work with corrado driveshafts is that mk4 golf, failing that what gearboxes would work and take the grunt.

ive read things about either speedo or rev counter not getting right signal from ecu or something so what do i need and where from.

i want to stick with genuine vag loom and not aftermarket and do it as cheap as pos :)

anyway thanks for reading and thanks for any info you can give.

Hello,

There is few people on here that have done the conversion. So you should be able to get the help you need. AGU dont have throttle bodies that run on cable. The throttle body is electric. You can buy throttle bodies which will use the usual cable.

The engine will mount straight onto the current engine mount positions, G60 engine mount rubbers are quite good for this conversion aswell.

Some people have used a company called Qpeng for the engine mangement side but other have used the the modified VW harness.

Check out 20v Forced induction thread.

you can get agu engines with a cable throttle, i know a few people that have it - failing that there are a rew passats that have the cable throttle, im using one myself. gearbox you can use o2a from a g60 which seems quite suited to the engine. ive used an o2j (enj) didnt need to change the flanges as the driveshafts bolted right up. I went for a qpeng diy ecu kit which was quite staight forward to use.

Have a butchers at www.qpeng.com for more info

is it all the certain engine codes with certain cars that use cable throttles if so do you know what they are. i have a good auto sparks that wouldnt have any problem whatso ever sorting the original loom into the g60.

thanks for your info