Sign in to follow this  
ceedubya

My G60 (attempt #2)

I've been browsing this forum for a couple of years now but I don't join in very much as i'm usually on here searching for information on how to fix one bit or another and dashing back out to the workshop to implement said information!...but things are different now as I made the heart wrenching decision to abandon my 4 year long 'project' G60 (which was NOT purchased for that reason!!) earlier this year and have put my hands deep in my pockets and treated myself to what seems (so far) to be a good, unmolested G60...the same year, colour & mileage as G60 attempt #1!

So for the last few months I have been making some subtle changes and even though she is far from finished (are they ever?! lol) I figured it was time to show her off a little bit and post some pics....so here goes...

stromlaufplan_gamma4.pdfDSC00979.JPG[/attachment:m6g69cek]

Corrado92.pdfDSC_0025.jpg[/attachment:m6g69cek]

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdfDSC_0014.jpg[/attachment:m6g69cek]

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfDSC_0006.jpg[/attachment:m6g69cek]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfDSC_0012.jpg[/attachment:m6g69cek]

DSC_0404.jpg[/attachment:m6g69cek]

I still have a fair bit planned, all OEM+ in an attempt to keep it fairly original but I have got her booked in at TSR in a couple of weeks armed with my Stage 4 charger so not totally original ;)

Looks good

Where in weymouth are you? I used to live on portland, have family down there so keep an eye out for me :D

Thanks buddy...i'm in Wyke now but was Tophill for years. I will keep an eye out for you, how often do you get back??

Cool, Not very offten a couple of times a year. I will be down soon tho, got to do the family visit as I havent been down for a while.

Attempt 2 looks superb. Shame to hear about attempt 1 after so much effort but looks like you've replaced it with a stunning example :wink:

RIP rusty one.... though your new one is looking good 8)

I think '92 was the cutover year from early to late.

Thanks shaun...i'm hoping to find good homes for all the un-needed #1 bits though so hopefully it's spirit will live on! Consequently that passenger sill I bought from you (and removed by hand lol) is up for grabs if anyone is looking for some replacement metalwork!

Mine was first registered in August 1991 so that would make it an old style bonnet then...that's good, one less thing on the things to do list!

And thanks for all the other comments people...it's good to know i'm not the only one who appreciates her like I do lol.