Sign in to follow this  
tow76

engine swap kr to 9a

hiya all ive just put an engine into my car the new engine is a 2l 16v 9a and the car originally came with a 1.8 kr 16v,the problem is that im not getting any fuel to the spark plugs,im still on the cars original ecu do i need the 9a ecu??could this be the problem??i also have 3 wires left over with no where to go :) the wires run under the air box or the left hand side of the airbox.2 have the plug connectors 1 long wire 1 short and the 3rd wire is a small spade connecter,does any body know where they go??and finally on the right side of the block just above the thermostat housing there is a screw thread i dont know if there is something missing here.

cheers

you should use the entire 1.8 injection and ignition system from the original KR engine on the 2L 9A block and head, I think the additional wires you are on about are for the various sensors/temperature senders the 2L injection system uses and the electronic fuel pressure regulator (mechanical warm up regulator bolted to the head of the 1.8 engine instead - has two fuel lines going to it.)

Any pics to support your questions would be helpful.

thanks for the reply,yeh ive left the injection etc of the kr engine in the car and have connected it to the new engine,it turns over well and it has a strong spark but it just has no mention of starting or nothing and the plugs are still dry.i will get some pics of the wires and the srew thing up asap.cheers