Sign in to follow this  
Teji

running power cable

ive just started to wire in my sub and amp, and basically im running 4 gauge wiring, ive run it down the the passenger side and took the side trim out and now i can clip it back in.

has anyone got any pics of where i should be putting the wires or can help me out ???

also i ran the rca and remote down the centre console, and when i undone it, i couldnt put the hand brake surround back to its original position , how would i do this, i have tried the screw and it feels like its screwing into nothing lol

thanks for any help

im running 4 gauge wiring.....down the the passenger side and took the side trim out and now i can clip it back in.

Do you mean you can't clip it in?

Try running it through the OEM loom clips or tight under the loom to avoid fouling the trim, also check the trim clips aren't bent/damaged.

also i ran the rca and remote down the centre console, and when i undone it, i couldnt put the hand brake surround back to its original position

Not sure how to fix this unless you cut the console trim. Personally I ran the remote and RCA over the the passenger side roof line by popping off the A, B and C pillars to the boot. It's not as bad a job as you might think!!

Hope this helps :wave:

YEs i mean cant lol

as for the clips the two long ones at the end are still there and small square onesalong the middle ?

the simple answer is it wont fit because its not supposed to be there!

mine is tucked right into the crease where the side panel meets the floorpan and taped down.. however it wasnt easy or neat to get the carpet perfectly back in place..

im about to refit my interior and might try colins suggestion, as i need to run 2 sets of RCAs..

The door step grey plastic trim should have about five white clips that pop into holes in the metal 'step'. If your cables are along the top of this step you'll not fit the trim!

By

as for the clips the two long ones at the end are still there and small square onesalong the middle ?

..it sounds like the plastic clips have popped out of the middle of the grey trim leaving just the square heads showing. If you pull these heads out you'll find all the white clips are the same. They just need sliding back onto the grey trim, lining up with the holes in the floor and clipping home.

Pics would help explain your problems if this hasn't helped!!!!!

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

So theres long clips underneath them, how can i take them out without breaking them >???

as for the power cable im just goin to run it down the middle now

also i sstill cant get the hand brake surround to line up again lol

:bad-words:

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

So theres long clips underneath them, how can i take them out without breaking them >???

Just lever them out with a small flat screwdriver. If they break you should be able to get them from the stealers fairly cheaply.