Sign in to follow this  
MarkGolf

Dead ECU relay 109

AHHHHHHH!!

It really is one thing after another on this bloody thing..

I cured an air leak I had the other day and I thought I'd start her up and get her upto temperature and go up and down the road.. So I turn car on, let it idle, rev it a bit and it rev'd fine as it always has..

I pulled out and went down the road, turned around, put my foot right down, it starts to go and then CUT, engine dies and clocks reset.. I turned it off, back onto ignition and noticed no pump, speedo needle hovering around and a crazy clicking so I thought it was the fuel pump relay, dropped the fuse box to find it was the ECU relay. I had a spare 109 which I suspected was blown from a previous problem and it just clicked in the same way.. The 109 realy is from a Corrado as I have a full Corrado setup in the car.. I had a relay from a 16v GTI which I thought I'd try out, the fuel pump came alive when the key was just in the ignition but as soon as I turned the key to the usual live position, the pump would turn off..At least I know the pump works..

So, why would the relay blow, can I by pass it?

Does anyone have any 109's, got a feeling I'm going to need a few!

Thanks!!