Sign in to follow this  
Jonny777

16x8 Et10 on a 16v Rado?

Basically just wondered if anyone had fit wheels in that size and offset on a 4x100 Rado?

Or if not those exactly but some that are pretty close? Obv if Porsche wheels with adaptors the final ET of 10 would be what i mean.

Pics if you've got them please gents. :)

Not really what i'm asking for...dont really see any advice either.

Basically wanted pics or to know how much effort people have had to get a similar wheel on. Eg arch rolling and on what tyres this was necessary etc.

... on a plate? There are tonnes of threads discussing wheel widths and offsets. Try searching key words like 8j, or offset etc. Or 16x8 is also discussed.

Basically, why not read the wheel wiki and work out what offset you need - theres a nifty diagram to help. This is when the penny should drop and you realise that a small number of offset (less than 35) means you're pushing the rim outwards away from the hub; so spacers cannot save you here.

Think about it though, 30mm difference, is 3cm. You're pushing it out about an inch; assuming the rim was the same width as your original 6.5j - but its not, its wider, so add even more. Thats a fair old amount if you think your normal wheels sit close to the arches as it is. I didn't pick up if you're on a dropped ride too; the lower the car, the closer you are to those arches and better chance of fouling the arches. Hence some folk roll them out.

Think brakes, think centre hole, blah. But Im sure that doesnt help you either.

Here is 8j ET30 for an idea. ET10 will sit 2cm further out. Without arch mods I doubt it would work unless you have an early car as they have a track thats not as wide I believe.

... on a plate? There are tonnes of threads discussing wheel widths and offsets. Try searching key words like 8j, or offset etc. Or 16x8 is also discussed.

Basically, why not read the wheel wiki and work out what offset you need - theres a nifty diagram to help. This is when the penny should drop and you realise that a small number of offset (less than 35) means you're pushing the rim outwards away from the hub; so spacers cannot save you here.

Think about it though, 30mm difference, is 3cm. You're pushing it out about an inch; assuming the rim was the same width as your original 6.5j - but its not, its wider, so add even more. Thats a fair old amount if you think your normal wheels sit close to the arches as it is. I didn't pick up if you're on a dropped ride too; the lower the car, the closer you are to those arches and better chance of fouling the arches. Hence some folk roll them out.

Think brakes, think centre hole, blah. But Im sure that doesnt help you either.

:lol: I know all about offsets and how they work, i dont want some magic thing to suddenly make them ET40. I literally put it up to see if anyone had done it themselves so could show me how much work it would need. With the picture that it is quite obvious its gonna be a lot of work. Thanks for the all the information, not poo pooing it but i know all about it already. Have 15x7's at ET25 on it at the minute and that sits well inside the arch, so was hoping the size increase and extra bit of poke wouldnt be too bad, hence asking for pics, but its quite obvious its gonna need to be done.

Thanks guys.