Sign in to follow this  
ron16v

need help

hi guys i have a 90 g plate 1.8 16v corrado i have been slowly doing bits to it to bring it to a reasonable level but im really stuck i have a sort of vibrating/rubbing/something but the strange thing is it will only make this noise at 3500 rpm all gears any speed now i know you will say exhaust but it is deffo not the exhaust i have removed all heat shields too to see if it was that now i dont feel it through the steering wheel or the gear stick only through the floor under my feet all wheel bearings have also been replaced any and all help would be greatfuly recieved

Loose driveshaft vibration damper? Then again, you should feel that through the steering I would imagine. Just throwing it out there.

i thought that initialy but checked and all good its the 3500 rpm thing that i cant get my head around all gears any speed

Have you checked the engine mounts? That will transfer vibration from the engine to the chassis at certain revs but may not be felt through steering.

Can't say I've ever had the problem, just trying to come up with some suggestions....