Sign in to follow this  
Erickramirez

how do i make my stereo turn on WITHOUT ignition??

i have a g60 and i would like to have my stereo turn on when the ignition is off. reason is when i have my ignition in ON my fan turns on so i dont want to have my fan and stereo on. what do i need to do to make this happen?? i have a pioneer deck i dont know if that helps, if you guys need any more info just let me know, THANKS!

Did this to my mates polo a couple of months ago, very easy to do as well as the first reply states. The standy light remains on contantly, even when the car is locked. We thought this would drain the battery but months later and not a glitch to report.

The garage he took his car to somehow damaged the temp 12v supply (dont know how :roll: ) so thats why we wired up to the perm feed.

Why do you want to do it, whats wrong with turning the key one notch :grin: (if you dont mind me asking)

well idk if this goes for all corrados but mine only has the ON and START options in my ignition switch. so to turn on my radio id have to put it in the ON position which also turns on my fan. Fan+Subs+Full blast= Ultimate Drainage lol. so if i hook up those two power supply feeds to a 12v source (battery?) im set? it wont drain my battery? my stereo has the on/off option.

also, my friend was installing a new deck in my car today and as he was rewiring, the lights on my instrument cluster flashed quickly along with some electrical noise (he forgot to disconnect car battery) but now my amp wont turn on??? everything else works, did he blow my amp?

Oh right, makes sense now. You'll still have to turn the car over now and again whilst playing though, it doesn't last that long. You need a power capacitor by the sound of it, need had one myself but told they are very good, play music for hours without touching the battery.

Yeah i've done that before, sounds like a fuse. Have you checked the fuse the in 12v cable from the battery to the amp or the fuse in the amp itself?

sorry for the late response, i checked all fuses and nothing, but i just switched decks and everything works now, hmm oh well lol, ill look into that power capacitor, thanks

Strange regarding the key positions ^^^

With mine you have to turn the key to the first position, this then gives power to the stereo. I can the turn the key back to the off position but as long as i dont then take the key out, the stereo will work.