Sign in to follow this  
Amy

20vee_t

Whats the 20v like?? Got one in mine now, not quite running yet but not far away. Got a custom exhaust going in on Thursday.

excellent :)

what engine management are you using?

Haltech EMS. Just finished wiring it, wasn't tooo bad to do after I got a pointer in the right direction! And U?

Just noticed you are based in Notts, I'm at uni at Loughborough, do my finals this week :(

Haltech EMS. Just finished wiring it, wasn't tooo bad to do after I got a pointer in the right direction! And U?

Just noticed you are based in Notts, I'm at uni at Loughborough, do my finals this week :(

i went for dta and cheated by getting a loom from stealth 8) but it didnt take long to wire up at all, the photo above of me working on the car was when i finally cut out the g60 remains!!

DTA I've heard are a good management to go for. I only went with Haltech because Jabbasport are just up the road from where I live in Norfolk.

Have you got standard power? I am going a bit ott with a IHI turbo and matching cast manifold.

DTA I've heard are a good management to go for. I only went with Haltech because Jabbasport are just up the road from where I live in Norfolk.

Have you got standard power? I am going a bit ott with a IHI turbo and matching cast manifold.

its running 219bhp 225ft/lb (as of sunday) would love to go for the IHI :twisted: and cutom manifold and downpipe :D

vince (at stealth) says i need to change the intercooler asap as its gettin waaaaay to hot :(

i notice you still have the coil packs too, we removed those and went for leads and coil

Thats a good figure!! Quite quick then.

Its all about money at the moment for me. Therefore changing to leads will have to wait. Yeah saw your intercooler, a bit small for the power. I bought a Merc Sprinter van intercooler, they are massive and should be ok for anything upto 350-400bhp, only problem is they have plastic ends but I'm hoping to have some alloy ends made up at a later date. Although I'd like to get a custom one made. With standard internals I'm looking for about 340-350bhp @ wheels and 380bhp (ish) at the flywheel. Hopefully getting it mapped over easter time. Combined with the 4wd it should be a quick motor.

How long have you had yours on the road? Any problems??

Ive run it since october and my hubby ran it for a couple of months before that no probs really, bit of understeer ;)

we had a nitemare getting the tiny leon one to fit :( have you any pics from the rad side?

Love the colour of your car Miss 20VeeT

I have one just like it :turn-l:

I messaged you yonks ago about car colours as I was contemplating repainting mine. I am sticking with the yellow now. Although I have to say there are not many good examples of yellow corrados about, it seems to me that stick skirts and the like on them make them look 'too' yellow.

Anyway, your car is looking very smart. How are you finding the DTA management system? Has the cold start and the idle valve been set up?

Ian

Here is a pic of the rad side. Sorry its the only one I have with me :(

Its still not sitting right, it needs to be pulled back on the passengers side another couple od cm's so the headlight clears. I have had to make up some small brakets for the radiator to sit on as I've pulled it back a bit towards the engine so the intercooler doesen't hit the headlights. This means I'm going to have to buy a really thin fan for the rad, but I can't complain as the intercooler cost me £145 brand new and Pace wanted over double that for a similar size cooler.

Ben

coxylaad .... i dont have the cold start or idle valve :roll: and tbh it isnt that much of a problem i thought it might be but its behaved quiet well even with the cold and wet as it sits on the drive most nights. :)

biggerbigben .... it took us ages to get the fan and interccooler in (we did it twice as we forgot to see if the lights fitted!!! :oops: ) i got a twin fan from an old audi 100 i think it was an audi 100 as it was off a shelf at a scrappy!! and thats quiet thin, we had probs with the 02m gearchange linkage knocking the g60 fan as it was waaay to wide

Nice job. I've tried fitting VR6 fans but they are way toooo big. Going to get either one or two Kenlow fans, a bit expensive but you can get them 20-30mm in depth!

Nice pipe work...

Love the colour of your car Miss 20VeeT

Anyway, your car is looking very smart. How are you finding the DTA management system? Has the cold start and the idle valve been set up?

Ian

Cold start??? idle valve control???? what those lol

2.1 16v corrado running on DTA :twisted: sadly DTA hasnt got these full control there is a way of wiring up a coldstart/idle valve but thats it

Amy do you have the problem of slightly over fueling at idle?? Me and Vince have looked into it and dont know how to get round it at the mo :(

Also Ben im thiking of getting those Kenlow as ive read some good reviews on the net

Whats shop you thinking of getting them from ??

Hi Alex, we dont notice any over fueling at idle tbh the only hing i can complain about is that i cant start the car and leave it to warm up like i could the vr!! i have to sit there a few secs till it revs high enough not to stall, but by the end of the driveway its fine.

I know what I was going to ask, whats the clearence like for the 20v sump - it looks a bit low for my liking.

Ben

it is very low, worse still we had to lower it slightly to get it under the bonnet ill check out the clearance tomorrow :)

Amy,

Just had another look at your car, have you had it resprayed?

That pictures you posted has your corrado looking a very similar colour to the peach that S3s come in?

Or is it just my eyes?