Sign in to follow this  
g0ldf1ng3r

rear bumper - early vs late

quick question if i may.....

can any1 tell me if there are any fitment differences between an early and late C rear bumper?

ie are the mounting brackets the same?

thanks muchly

it certainly looks like you could only ever order a complete bumper with cover and iron for each of the early/late models,

or just the cover, not the iron on it's own, which makes me think the iron and brackets are universal, it would seem odd if they did alter them as the rear bumper was just a cosmetic change whereas the front was designed to fit the wider late front wings.

it certainly looks like you could only ever order a complete bumper with cover and iron for each of the early/late models,

or just the cover, not the iron on it's own, which makes me think the iron and brackets are universal, it would seem odd if they did alter them as the rear bumper was just a cosmetic change whereas the front was designed to fit the wider late front wings.

sweet, so early should fit late then....if i read that right? lol

oh & thanks 4 ur help too

Ended up with an early on my late when it was rear ended a few years ago,was gonna complain but decided I was just glad to get the car back,repaired nicely on the other persons insurance.Shouldn't think the body shop did anything other than bolt the replacement on. Vince.(purplebaghera)