Sign in to follow this  
sciroccoaustin

Thinking of a VR6....

Hello All,

I've got a scirocco. it's my fourth mk2, and loove it to bits. But have considderred a Rado in the past, and kinda, thinking, yeah why not.

There are two or three main questions...

If I got one it would be the VR6 - fuel economy with a light foot? I get up to 50 mpg with the scirocco, 35mpg if I thrash it! Can't be less than 35 mpg can it?

Second, a tow bar - what???? I race karts, so it's a car with a towbar, or a van!

Reliability...don't shoot me please, the rocco has done 32k without hick up since last April, I've heard the heater matrix is a common problem.

Insurance shouldn't be a problem scirocco is group 15, unlimited personal and business milege TFF is £400 (I'm 24 with 5 years NC).

Any advice or pointers?

I'm lucky if I get 35mpg out of my valver on a light foot so if you get that out of a vr with a light foot you will be doing very good.

:D

I had a rocket before I had a radda, I also loved it but always wanted a radda. My rocket had 250000 miles when I sold it and only brought it for £500 so got my money out of it.

You wan to get 35 mpg out of it, I`m lucky to get any more than 32 mpg out of mine and its pretty much standard, I average 27 mpg

Best to get a van, I wouldn`t fit a towbar to a radda.

Had to replace the matrix on mine as well, think a lot of people have had to change it. If you buy one, check to see if it has been done before you buy one. You will find that all radda`s have small problems and you will always want to fix it, but don`t be put off by this, thay are great cars.

And insurance, you will probably pay a bit more than your rockek, but check before you buy. But don`t be put off, they are great cars, thats why everyone on here is on here because of there love of the car. :D

35mpg is very possible if its running properly. I've had mine on the road for just under a week and I'm averaging 35mpg on my daily commute and roughly 34mpg per tank. If you give them stick the economy will suffer though!!