Sign in to follow this  
Blown

Money burning a hole in my pocket....

Right.

Can anyone tell me where I can purchase the following-at reasonable prices of course,after all I am Scottish! :lol:

Lower temp thermostat and fan switch,

A good Intercooler/oil cooler,

A toothed belt system.Have E-mailed G-werks but I think they're still waiting for castings from thier suppliers or something.

and if anyone can give me the part no for the pressed steel panel thats infront of and just below the front subframe that the radiator sits on, I'd be very grateful.

Pulled the front bumper off today to be greeted by a pile of rust rather than a panel :(

It'll be a good chance to get all this done now,while I'm waiting for the RS4 bumper to arrive :twisted:

Right.

Can anyone tell me where I can purchase the following-at reasonable prices of course,after all I am Scottish! :lol:

Lower temp thermostat and fan switch,

A good Intercooler/oil cooler,

A toothed belt system.Have E-mailed G-werks but I think they're still waiting for castings from thier suppliers or something.

and if anyone can give me the part no for the pressed steel panel thats infront of and just below the front subframe that the radiator sits on, I'd be very grateful.

Pulled the front bumper off today to be greeted by a pile of rust rather than a panel :(

It'll be a good chance to get all this done now,while I'm waiting for the RS4 bumper to arrive :twisted:

mail me again as i have news... :lol:

if anyone can give me the part no for the pressed steel panel thats infront of and just below the front subframe that the radiator sits on, I'd be very grateful.

you mean the red bit in the pic below?

I have no idea off hand what the part number is, but I know that Awesome's got one for sale... Have a word with H100VW (Gavin). He was trying to sort it for me before I decided that I'm gonna hack the hell outta my original one to make room for the front mount I/C behind the modified RS4 bumper... :wink: He may still know if they've got it and how much they want for it... 8)

If you're fitting a front mount and an RS style bumper, I'd advise just chopping out the rotten bit at the front leaving the lower rad mounts intact and giving you extra room for the I/C... :wink: Mine's basically gonna get cut along the bottom of the section that makes up the rad mount box section so that that's the furthest point forward on the panel... 8) Although, I'm waiting for the I/C to arrive so I can make sure that doing that leaves enough metal to mount it to! :roll: :lol:

henny i like your way of thinking ... deftinatly the way to go ...

Should I be scared now?!? :wink: :-P :lol:

Part number (just found it in a note from Gav from AGES ago...) 535-199-171 D for early G60 cars, G for all later models... No idea what the difference is, I just know mine had a G in it as standard... 8)

Hope this helps... 8)

Thanks for the info guys.

I think I'll try and get an intercooler and offer it up to see how much space I'll have between the panel and the bumper

.I'm also after a 3.5bar fpr,just forgot to mention it in the list :roll:

G man you have mail. :D

Cheers Henny, that panel is really rusty on mine, must be all the salt etc off the road gets caught under there and doesnt get washed off, I don't think its structural but i'd rather change it anyway.

Cheers Henny, that panel is really rusty on mine, must be all the salt etc off the road gets caught under there and doesnt get washed off, I don't think its structural but i'd rather change it anyway.

Mine's pretty nasty too, but only that front bit, not the bit the rad sits on...

As I say, AFAIK, Awesome's still got one in their storage place... 8)

http://www.snstuning.com

diy section

Gavin

Cheers for that link mate.Looks a bit heath robinson but I'm all for that so if it works I'll give it a try!

Henny,yeh,thats the panel.The one that the lower part of the slam panel bolts to,right?

As I say,I'll wait and get an I/C first and offer it up before I start cutting....... :shock:

Been doing a bit of web bashing and I think I've managed to sort myself most of what I'm looking for,but I'm still trying to get hold of a lower temperature thermostat and fan switch.

Anyone help??

Also been toying with the idea of an oilcooler.How and where does this plumb into the oil system on the engine?

Thanks again for all your help on this.I really appreciate it. :oops:

If you fit an oil cooler, I think you'll get away without a lower temp thermostat. You will be deleting the heat exchanger as there is hardly any room for the sandwich plate and the heat exchanger. It takes a load of work off the water system, so you get lower temps anyway.

Gavin

Hmmm...Fitting an oilcooler sounds like a lot of work and I've got too many other things to be done before the car goes for it's re-spray in early march,so low temp therm it is then!

Hmmm...Fitting an oilcooler sounds like a lot of work and I've got too many other things to be done before the car goes for it's re-spray in early march,so low temp therm it is then!

fitting an oil cooler to a corrdao is really easy mate... im gonna send you a how-to guide.. :lol: