Sign in to follow this  
smudger

FUEL FILTER REMOVAL... HOW????

Hey all... I'm in the middle of doing a service on my 2.0 16V(Oil, Air, Fuel and Plugs) and I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the Fuel Filter out of the Jubilee style clip that holds it in place??? The old filter looks like its been on there a long time and I can feel the top of the clip, which has a screw type fastener on the top, but how on earth do I get to it or spin it around to loosen it? Its driving me nuts :censored:

Any :help: will be most appreciated :notworthy:

hi

over time the jubliee clips rust, and when you come to undo ,they fall to peices, the filter on the corrados are all the same as far as im aware, the rubber pipes, can get stuck on the metal tubes of the filter, grab a pair of pliers and carfully twist the pipes and work them off, there maybe a possible cahnce of splitting the rubber pipes, keep working them and they should come off. hope this helps

Hey all... I'm in the middle of doing a service on my 2.0 16V(Oil, Air, Fuel and Plugs) and I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the Fuel Filter out of the Jubilee style clip that holds it in place??? The old filter looks like its been on there a long time and I can feel the top of the clip, which has a screw type fastener on the top, but how on earth do I get to it or spin it around to loosen it? Its driving me nuts :censored:

Any :help: will be most appreciated :notworthy:

Ooopsa read that wrong thought you said air filter for some reason :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :epicfail:

There's a guide in the Wiki I think, but off the top of my head, you need to drop the whol assembly down to release the filter. There's 4x 17mm nuts holding it to the underside of the car.

It's one bolts that goes thru to tighten it and it clips to the assembly above... it is easier to drop the whole thing down though using the 2 x 13mm nuts but make sure you undo the hoses first or they may twist.

To replace that assembly just buy the later plastic cradle which the new filter just clips into, 2 x M8 Stainless Nylocks and new fuel line clips - you might also want to treat the underseal if the rust has spread the the car chassis as it tends to...