Sign in to follow this  
PoorMansPorsche

My "LM" "B I G" Centre Cap Experiment ...

My LM Replica's and what they look like on my daily driver

26181223.jpg

No comments about my lovely roof rack please :}

54906418.jpg

Ive love the LM but ive always thought that they should have had a big centre cap (or that has the look of ones that have fallen off!), so after much measuring of a variety of cars centre caps in asda and my local ford dealers and 4 prototypes later (Mondeo Zetec S centres and Fiesta ST Centres) and lots of routing plyboard, screwing and superglueing finally settled on these - Focus Ghia centres, which funnily enough ended up fitting more or less straight on with minimal farting about with.

this is what they look like finished:

23676730.jpg

another view

40545167.jpg

It would have been alot easier and cheaper for me just to buy say the Inovit DTM's but they were not exactly what i wanted

:}

Good effort, but the thing I like most about the LMs is the lack of the centre cap. I think it gives them a stripped-out racey look. Adding the centre cap instantly makes them look bland and nothing special, in my opinion. Well done for finding a centre-cap that fits though :)

I know what your saying about the stripped out look, if they were going on the Rado I would have kept them without caps but my Diesel Repmobile Wagon is never gonna be able to be considered a Racer by any stretch of the imagination, but He Ho like it says in the title its an experiement anyway may go back to having them without the big caps if I fancy a change a few months down the line, I will probably be getting some custom 58mm badges made up as I just wouldnt feel right putting the fake BBS badges on that came with the wheels