Sign in to follow this  
dgtvr6

Must keep the faith

Something I find myself saying again and again and more and more lately is that I really must keep the faith in the Corrado.

Problem is I travel quite a lot for work and end up in a large variety of cars (mostly German Audi, BMW etc) and am getting really tempted to bin the whole Corrado religion, sell the VR and buy a 5 series or A6 or whatever... Basically something comfy and above all dull...

Can't even really say I stay with the C cos of cost, for the amount I spend on this I'm not far of a relatively up to date A6... And then may as well go an extra few K and get something newish to bum to work and back in....

AAAAGH! Bloody Corrado.. It's like the filthy mistress... I know I shouldn't and there are far more sensible choices but it just feels so good...

Sorry for the confused messages here but it simply reflects the love/hate thing with my VR

My other car is an (old) Merc.. I love driving it for comfort, space, lack of road noise, etc.. but every time I get back in the Corrado it puts a smile back on my face. I think the only time I'd swap is if I could have a serious performance version - like an S8 or an S6.. if it was to have a 2.0 TDI or something, I wouldn't bother!

Its a difficult one and only you can decide.

I found when I had my Nugget G60, that even though it was very reliable and well set up I did not drive it as hard as I did the other cars in the house - yes it brought a smile to my face when I drove it but I certainly would not have wanted to use it as a daily driver.

Is it possible for you to keep the VR and buy an older but still well equipped barge for daily use, I certainly didn't regret taking the G60 off the daily driver routine and buying the Passat

Its a difficult one and only you can decide.

I found when I had my Nugget G60, that even though it was very reliable and well set up I did not drive it as hard as I did the other cars in the house - yes it brought a smile to my face when I drove it but I certainly would not have wanted to use it as a daily driver.

Is it possible for you to keep the VR and buy an older but still well equipped barge for daily use, I certainly didn't regret taking the G60 off the daily driver routine and buying the Passat

May be the way to go... Have tried this route before though over last few years.. Have brought (and subsequently sold due to boredom factor):

Audi A6 2.4 Avant with "Multitronic" gearbox... auto with knock up/down...

BMW 325i

Jaguar X-Type 3.0 v6 "Sport"