Sign in to follow this  
monVR6

263s going in. Any other useful tweaks to do?

Hi all

So - having moved to the south coast, I've now sorted parking with a shiny new drive and have therefore liberated my VR from my Dad's garage. Difficult to describe how fantastic it is to drive after 6 long months!

Anyway - I can now get round to getting my 263 cams fitted - and plan to go to John Mitchell Racing - (have heard good things - and having spoken to him - I feel they are fully justified!). Just wondering if you knowledgeable people on here think there are any other performance tweaks worth doing whilst the cams go in? So far, I have an enlarged TB, K&N panel filter and an AMD remap - (which I presume will be revised when the cams are fitted). Car is a 95 Mreg.

It has been suggested I consider doing the chains - but - car is low 90K miles and smooth as silk, no noises etc - and as I only do low miles, I think I will leave this for the moment.

So - what other things could I do?? Any thoughts much appreciated.

Cheers all

You won't know if you need to do the chains & tensioners until you take it apart and inspect it, so it's worth budgeting for, even if it doesn't get done.

Thanks Toad - will bear that in mind - I do have the funds but was hoping I wouldn't have to lay out for this yet - fingers crossed! Perhaps I should cancel the new washer/dryer :grin: