Sign in to follow this  
Bruceybaby

Bruceybaby's NUGGET! small update 23/1

Haha yeh I used to be in the trade so I hasz lots of mates, unfortunately, this guy actually hates any car pre 2006 because bolts either seize or round off. Or both! Luckily, the guy that owns the place has a wee softspot for the kinda cars I drive :) free labour ftw!

Still, its more fun doing it yourself, so this evening, in rain that would rival . . . . .well nothing it was just a light shower lol, I decided to raise the rears 20mm (on the thread), this appears to have angered my rear suspension and has become much noisier, so, off the road and hopefully tomorrow, I can sort it out before our local svag meet! (I'm so glad to have the works van at these times )

Adski, the rears are 8's on approx 20mm adapters (I haven't measured the adapters) and the front adapters look the same, but carry 7's. When I look at the math, it doesn't add up to me. If standard corrado sebrings are 6 wide et35, putting 8 inch et53 wheels was never going to work, even with 20mm adapters :( its obviously fine if you want to drive a rollerskate! Has anyone else ever encountered this issue?

I put the d90's up for sale anyway.

Fare enough, just wondered as im running 8j on the Back with 35mm adaptors, and 7j Fronts with 25mm adaptors, and the Fronts sit well under, :camp:

Not been on too much to update this!

I managed to get everything running correctly on the D90's by removing the rear helpers!

With the snow, and the terrible handling i never drove the car until a week or so ago, So in all, i'd driven the car twice since november. and had done a total of 300 miles since buying the car in September. However, ive been buying parts aplenty.

Smooth front bumper and paint.

BBS RM012's

Early spec Grille

HT leads

Dizzy cap

Rotor Arm

Spark Plugs

Oil filter

Jetex Panel filter

Lamin-X Subtle tint

My most exciting Acquisitions was of course my favouritest wheels :)

Not exactly different but i have plans to rebuild em to a nice spec :D

Anyway, I've sold the D90's and have some BBS RF's in their place. I'm undecided on these, theyre pretty scruffy so its hard to form an opinion, but the missus hates them. At least they wont be there for long. Dishes are quite costly though so i dunno if i might just wear the rm's in standard form this year.

I've had to fix alot o niggly little problems on this Biach. Ht leads and tracking etc.

The only problem now, is to sort out the leaky bulkhead issue and clean the carpets. fix the stereo wiring and clean the mofo.

Here is a picture of her on RF's, on the Hunter tracking system at Farmers. I felt sorry for the young guy that had to set up the toe on this. Had to jack it up and removes the wheels just to get in to track rod. then put it all back together to adjust it, then strip it all down to tighten it again!

2010-01-22141231.jpg

DSC04700.jpg

DSC04698.jpg

DSC04695.jpg

So up next, is to service the car. Sort out the wheels, then save save for my next plans!

DSC04689.jpg