Sign in to follow this  
muppetlab

Performance Vr6 Engine mounts

Hi folks just looking for some help on uprated mounts. i see from searching that people use the vibratech and vf mounts but these seem a bit pricey to me. I have seen mounts available for mk3 and mk2 golfs out of uprated material and wondered if they can be used. I know that vr6 ones are normally listed differently as they are oilfilled but would a say mk2 gearbox mount fit or a mk3 front mount? The reason i ask is that i have seen poly bushed ones available on ebay that might fit and save a few pennies. The other option is to order from the states who seem to have much better selection of mounts at much less cost. Ideally i would like a solid front mount. Any links or advice would be great as i need this sorting asap as my engine is wobbling all over the place!! Before anyone says i know that solid mounts are bad for vibration etc as i have been there before as i made some welded solid mounts for my e30 but dont have time right now to try on the vr so need something off the shelf. cheers jez :)

Apologies for lack of replies but I think it's because engine mounts have been discussed to death on the forum so there should be lots of info on them in the search! :)

Yep i know but it seems theres not really a lot of choice. its either VF or Vibratech as far as i could find. Black forrest industries who looked like a potential did not want to know. Ah well its sorted now, well sort of. cheers jez

Hi Andrew, i got a set of Vf Engineering mounts 2nd hand from this forum. They are a nice piece of kit well made. I have fitted the front mount and it has firmed the engine quite a bit but is not harsh or noisy. Will be doing the other 2 mounts later this week. Paid £200 for them but they are nearer £350 new i think. Not sure i would want to pay that much though. All the best Jex