Sign in to follow this  
mofish66

the first corrado

hello all , well here is the first corrado and think this might be a keeper ( never really kept cars for longer than a few months before ) had this for about five months now and spent the first couple tidying the old girl up and putting my own touch on it . initually it was bought to use as a track car(still might be) but now wondering what to do with it . dont think i want to do the whole stripping it out thing as its really tidy and everything electric works and actually everything works in general so seems a bit harsh to pull it to bits. so as im prob keeping thought id join this site and maybe get a few ideas for it so all ideas would be appriciated ............. can see why they are so popular with you fellas as they really are a great drive and handle superbly . and you have got to love that rear spoiler!!!!!!!!! so hear are a few pics so let me know what to do with it ... thanks chaps

Nice one mate! :clap:

Nice early spec car! Sebrings look good painted also! Glad you found a car you can hang onto mate, Its amazing how well a sorted 16v can feel! Cracking cars on the twisty stuff too!

That is one seriously clean, straight looking valver! I really like it!

Nice car.

Where you bassed mate?

as one of the guys I work with son has just brought a (his words) "dark coloured corrado" and I pointed him in the direction of the forum 8)

NICE valver there mate really like the painted sebrings, works well with the paint, sure i saw this on pistonheads recently?

That is one seriously clean, straight looking valver! I really like it!

cheers bud ,still needs a tiny bit of tidying but prob just being fussy . are there any meets etc thoughout the year , would like to see a few more as dont see too many about now

Nice car.

Where you bassed mate?

as one of the guys I work with son has just brought a (his words) "dark coloured corrado" and I pointed him in the direction of the forum 8)

based in essex area , any more out there round here?????

glad ur all liking the black wheels , first thing i did was get them off and painted , think its becoming an addiction though , even my van wheels have had the treatment . to the person that thought it was on piston heads you were right (think its still on there as it goes ) was still going though my owned it for three months and i must change it stage!!!! here to stay now though (i think)

to the person that thought it was on piston heads you were right (think its still on there as it goes )

yeh it is, was close to contacting you about it, not had much to look at round this way - but i'm all sorted now :D

hi all , right as definatly keeping this one i could use some advice about adding a bit more go to the old girl . engine is in really heathy condition as had all this apart when bought it and have replaced all gaskets and belts etc , its a 1.8 16v ( are the later 2.0l ones quicker) with 50mminlet manifold and kr head, cams , has a full stainless exhaust and a mocal oil cooler and thats about it as far as improvements go so all advice to ad some more power would be great . or should i just buy a g60 !!! at least i would have that whine from the charger with one of them , only thing that whines on mine is the gearbox :lol: . also what is the deal with strut braces on these , handles well with the coil overs but dont know wether its worth going down the strut brace route on a road car . and last thing i promise (for now anyway) is poly bushing the rear eam an easy job ?? gonna drive it for another month then its going in garage to be tidyed up a bit more and poss stripped for track work????????????????? . ill post more pics once work starts

to the person that thought it was on piston heads you were right (think its still on there as it goes )

yeh it is, was close to contacting you about it, not had much to look at round this way - but i'm all sorted now :D

what did you end up getting dude ????

What exactly is going on with that breather pipe? Looks like a bit of vacuum cleaner hose with a bottle stuck on the end :)

What exactly is going on with that breather pipe? Looks like a bit of vacuum cleaner hose with a bottle stuck on the end :)

had a prob when it was being driven really hard on track that some oil used to get sucked up by the breather and as this runs straight though the air box a bit of oil would end up over the air filter , it was never alot as since ive had it the way it is now its prob not even a thimble full but once its in the air box it goes everywhere , breathing was always a prob on early vws anyway so this dosent restict it as much even though it does look a bit guff

you do have to be driving very hard for this to happen though and wouldnt have thought ud get it happening on the road

ending up going back to a vr, gets delivered monday, was looking for a decent 1.8 valver for 6 months and nothing came up close enough for me, pity as i have a stripped and overbored 9a sitting painted in the garage!

re more power for the valvers do some searching on here, a few options - 2ltr bottom end, wilder cams either shrick or even a modded exhaust cam used as an inlet, gasflowed or fully ported and polished head, and a four branch manifold unfortunately eeecking the last bit of power out of valvers doesn't come cheap

ending up going back to a vr, gets delivered monday, was looking for a decent 1.8 valver for 6 months and nothing came up close enough for me, pity as i have a stripped and overbored 9a sitting painted in the garage!

re more power for the valvers do some searching on here, a few options - 2ltr bottom end, wilder cams either shrick or even a modded exhaust cam used as an inlet, gasflowed or fully ported and polished head, and a four branch manifold unfortunately eeecking the last bit of power out of valvers doesn't come cheap

yeah i would have liked a vr but all the ones i saw were big money . so the 9a engine , is that the 2lt one and is this more powefull than the kr . was even thinking about a vr conversion just need to look into it a bit more as dont know difficulty , cost etc . take it there will be a couple of pics of urs on here tuesday then.....