Sign in to follow this  
nirvanna3

Corrado G60 G-lader

Hi. I have a question, to you guys and girls. My corrado g60 from 1990, is not very fast compared to my first corrado. Which where standard. On the new one i have put a metal head gasket and rebulit the head on it. And there is another camshaft in it. Dont know anything about the camshaft. But its smokes blue like un burnt fuel. And sometimes it stops, when i drive to a red light. I can´t find out what the hell the problem is. I hoped that some of you could help me. And some one could tell me how to rebuild or service my g-lader. Cause I think it might need a service:) So i hope someone could might tell me what to do.

And sorry for the bad english, I came from Denmark, and my english is not perfect. So I hope you can understand me.

blue smoke is oil being burnt mate , if it was undurnt fuel it would be black, that could be caused by worn rings or valve guides/seals, if you get a puff of blue smoke in the morning when you start it or is left ideling for a while then i would suspect it was the guides/seals, things to check would be , timming, compression and boost pressure, if you dont know anything about the charger then its always best to get it rebuilt, if you are going to do it yourself then im sure there will be a guide on here somewhere, as for the stalling problem give your isv a clean and check that it is functioning correctly and that the pipes are in good condition

oh damn. my bad. I mean its black, cause on the gravel and on the back of the car is it really black, if I just have it to idle about for like 2-3 min its making a black circle around the exhaust. And you can smell the unburnt fuel.

But I have changed the head gasket with a new metal packning from bar-tek-tuning.de. Where all of the gasket to seal the head. And i have the head compressed and make sure it was straight, and didnt have any curves. It was a company who checked it. But I am in proges to change the wiring net, to the engine cause its in a really bad condition. But I can see there is two enginge computers. One i located, right under the wipers. And the second one is, in the cabin, under a plastic cover where you open the bonnet. And I cant figure out what its for.

ecu is under the wipers, fuse box near bonnet pull.

when was last service? gasket the right way round? timing ok?

Black exhaust and unburnt fuel smell. Need a new Lambda?

ECU in the cabin. You have a left hand drive car? Bonnet release on the drivers side? Do you have ABS? It could be the ABS ECU?

yeah its a left hand drive car. Okay I will try to see if I can pull the the wiring out. And i think I might need a new lambda. I will try to put a new one in. And about service, I gave the engine a complete new service, when i changed the gasket, its about a month or two ago, so it havent drived that long. And i replaced the drive belt with a new one. And yes timing is okay. I will just order a new lambda and see if that helps, on it..