Sign in to follow this  
Rinse

Heated seat covers?

Was thinking the other day how much its going to suck getting in the rad at 7 in the morning and sitting on the leather when its freezing cold this winter. Then thought how ace it would be if there were heated seat covers... Quick internet search and found out there is such a thing!

Anyone used them before? Don't know how well they'll work and kinda scared about them marking the leather.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HEATED-CAR-SEAT-C ... 2965wt_901

I bought a pair from Matalan a few years ago for £5 each (the boxes were water damaged, but the contents were sealed into a plastic bag!)...

Worked really well and didn't mess my leather up either... I planned on stripping the seats down and installing them between the foam and the leather so that I had heated leather seats...

The only problem I found using them on top of leather was that they tended to slip around a little, so you really had to make sure you attached them properly... 8)

Yeh Im feelin' a little cold gettin' into my 'rado at 6.15am every morning, so I just flick the heated seat switch on...

:lol: sorry couldn't resist :D

P!ss take aside do you think you could butcher them up slightly and fit them underneath the leather as they look too big to fit as one under the leather?? Thinking of the GF's corrado if its possible i might get one and see if we can fit in underneath!