Sign in to follow this  
lil b

strange noise at 3k????

hi over the last few days i have noticed that at bang on 3 k in any gear there is a strange vibrating / grinding noise with has got me worried .... it only happens on 3k revs and stops as soon as you accelerate/decelerate (sp?) i have a 2.0 8v and was wondering if anyone else has experianced this at all

many thanks

bexs xx

hi i have a 2.0 8v.

i did replace mt front engine mount a while ago ,making some funny noises under acceleration, also check your wisbone bushs my were perished,id prob jack your front and rear end up see if you can rotate the wheels by hand for any noises, backplate could be rubbing ect,

ahh will do thanks i was bricking it thinking it maybe something to do with gearbox bearings or something will check all mounts at weekend :)

Could also be the headsheild on the bottom of the catalyst - the noise resonates up the exhaust so sounds like it's coming from the engine bay rather than underneath - fix for this is a massive jubilee clip.

Could also be the headsheild on the bottom of the catalyst - the noise resonates up the exhaust so sounds like it's coming from the engine bay rather than underneath - fix for this is a massive jubilee clip.

Brilliant! :clap:

Wish my local stealer had thought of that fix approx 7 years ago, instead of welding the hell out of it.