Sign in to follow this  
JasonSanders

Induction Kit or Other option on G60

Anything I can use on my g60? I was considering taking the flexi hose of the supercharger and getting a stainless tube made to bolt onto the charger then boding a bmc carbon airbox thingy into the bay somewhere but i dont think that will work due to space limitations, so any other ideas?

Have heard of people removing the carbon canister and running a pipe down to a cone filter in the wheel arch.

Other options would be drillng the air box or whack a K&N in the airbox position with some sort of heat shield around it.

Rob

Apparently the BMC carbon dynamic airbox BMW Z3 fitment will go on. - Probably best just to attach it to the existing flexi hose then run a cold air feed (which these kits gotta have) through the hole where the carbon canister was...

z3 fitment ill check that, im probably going to be replacing the flexihoses with stainless pipework anyway, what this dual inlet system ive seen posted about?

That's the s**t. Was thinking of running a metal pipe from the flexi hose, past the rad, along the front then attaching a second filter to the end of it in front of the battery. It's gonna be quite a long induction route but it's better than blanking it off surely???

That would be Jeron Diks 16v G60!! :lol: Nice eh??? :lol: Always sets good time at inters (its in a mk1 golf). Think his companys called JD Enginering?? That carbon airbox is smart bet its very functional too.

AFAIK thats jeroen Diks 16VG60 and it used to be htwo different Mk1 Golfs he had but thought if was in his Corrado at the moment, the blue one with 18" BBS RC's, Weber Alpha management and 5th injector etc.?

Also has twin inlets, motorsport shifter, carbon interior bits and traction control etc running just under 1850 cc, 300 BHP and low 13's ?

Nice 8)

BigTartanG60

this engine as far as i belive is now back in his origanial mk1 and the corrado nows runs 20vt 4wd and around 400bhp... i could be wrong though.

and the corrado doesnt look like that any more!!!!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

The engine was in the MKI to start with, then his corrado for a buisness demo. he couldnt shift the mKI so the engine basically went back in that. Started as an 8v (i think) then progressed to the spec it is now.

Heres a pic of the corrado now, its on 19's.