Sign in to follow this  
steveo29

improve your gearshift , alloy bushes

I think that's the bracket that holds the gearshift cables on to the gearbox casing... They usually have rubber bushes, so I guess the aluminium ones give a better feel to the mechanism.

it bolts to the gearbox and both cables go through the 2x big holes...its just the bushes they sell not the black plate

from the factory its mounted in rubber bushes...which i guess flounder around when working the gearstick

Look interesting... Can we get some pics when being fitted so we can picture exactly what/where etc?

Thanks

It's just the bracket mounting the cables to the top of the gearbox, as said above (about 20cm before the shift tower connections)

pre 92 cars don't have any rubber mountings anyway and only two fixing points as their cables are mounted side by side and not on top of each other.

I think the rubber bushes are just to help stop noise/vibration, but cables don't tend to transmit this as much as rod change boxes anyway.

got these fitted today , better than i expected ..i can easily notice its stiffened up the shift a fair bit

took about 25 mins of swearing to fit

good value imo

i'm surprised they made much difference at all - they only hold the bracket in place after all. i wouldn't have thought they would move that much unless your old ones were properly perished and weak as fook...

glad you're happy with them anyway

i'm surprised they made much difference at all - they only hold the bracket in place after all. i wouldn't have thought they would move that much unless your old ones were properly perished and weak as fook...

glad you're happy with them anyway

old ones looked as good as new ...i tried pulling on the bracket before taking it apart , didnt appear to be much slack really

cant really get a picture krnau, its pretty much hidden ...you can see the bracket in my first post , its smack bang on top of the gearbox