Sign in to follow this  
jonybravo

Engine warning light flash

Can anyone throw any ideas in to the arena before I take the rado in to the garage.

I've got a red engine light flashing, it's the one on the thermostat/thermometer type symbol. Car isn't overheating though, and I have a new thermostat replaced about 6 months ago.

Could this light mea -oil needed, or coolant needed or something else similar? DOn't want to take it to the garage if I don't need to

Sorry to ask, no handbook you see

Thanks

If I recall correctly, the temperature warning light flashing means that the coolant level is low in the header tank.

If I recall correctly, the temperature warning light flashing means that the coolant level is low in the header tank.

You recall correctly :) The light, in normal operation, indicates low coolant (the level is calculated by the two probes and plug attached to the expansion tank - so check it's connected) but it is also a high temperature warning once the gauge actually gets up towards the top (110+).

Ok cheers all, what engine coolant do you all use, can i use the G12 for my TT?

G12 is the right way to go, but you need at least G12+ if you don't know what's already in there (G12+ mixes OK with other stuff, G12 doesn't).

If you buy any new coolant from the dealers it's G12++ these days.