Sign in to follow this  
lycara

Radio Aadpter

Right guys have no clue when it comes to electrical I am girl after all lol. I have intalled a new radio and as far as I am aware its a din connection to the radio its a long thin shaft on the radio :confused4: I cannot get the original radio wire to fit because it round and flat so what do I need to get it to work any clues?

Lol yea I'm very confused at it all. I wont be able to get pics as the radio is fitted at the moment and a pain to take out and fit again.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PC5-137-VW-Bora-C ... _993wt_939

What I am asking is do I need something like this to connect to the original black aerial wire the flat black round this is what I have but need to connect a din connector to it :shrug:

arial.jpg

Ok so do you have the flat black round connector cable as the car aerial lead or is it on the head unit?

If the head unit has a socket for the flat black round plug and you have a normal aerial lead plug you could use one of these..

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfantadaptor.jpg[/attachment:3ewdkc3z]

Or if the car aerial cable has the flat black round plug you can fit one of these..

male-to-female DIN adapter.jpg[/attachment:3ewdkc3z]

Look HERE for adapters

Hope this helps :wave:

Colin

I have the aerial lead the black flat one and I need the din one to connect to my new head unit if that makes sense lol.

Got the adapter fitted it fits great. But the radio is rubbish for some reason picks up radio 1 and nothing else. There is another wire comming off te black round radio plug. Is this an amplifier for the radio? :confused4:

i've never been able to set a radio up in a car, not had radio since i've been driving, (about 10yrs) :lol: Can get CD player, ipod etc working but radio reception is always crap for some reason.

Not sure on that one. The stock aerials are amplified with a 12v wire going up to the aerial and earthing to the roof through the aerial assembly/retaining nut. I'm not sure were it connects too though, [strike:1rm8msvt]wouldn't have thought they'd have taken it to the radio?[/strike:1rm8msvt] although they may have so it's not on all the time -D'oh!

IIRC the aerial cable run up the driver's A-pillar so if you can get that off you could maybe ID the aerial and amp cables and see if it corresponds to what you have near the radio??

I'm waiting for a new cable to ditch my cd-changer and run stuff straight from my phone so I'll have it all out myself and i maybe able to be more helpful. If you can get ay photos that could be a big help. Unfortunately my headliner is in so I'm relying on memory about the aerial cables!!