Sign in to follow this  
Purplebaghera

Speakers that 'ROCK'?

Hi. everyone. I am in the process of upgrading the audio in my VR,and was wondering if anyone had any views/experience of mid range components , in the standard door pockets that are good with Heavy rock/ Metal, I guess theres other Corrado owners that like this sort of music :wink: I have trawled through most of the recommendations on here and on line ,but cant really find anything that separates genres like they would in a hi-fi magazine.Perhaps that could be an idea for another thread on here? I have had 'Infinity' reference's in my 16v, running from an Alpine head for five or six years and am quite happy with these, so would get again. But was just wondering if there were any other options for my musical taste!! Was thinking of running from a Pioneer head this time,coz like the new styling.So are there any one make options that are good? Sorry, think I've been reading to many hi-fi mags :) Thanks for any views. Vince.

JBL? I run a set of C608GTi's (I think!) in my C (well I will once I transfer them from my dead G60) but that's in audioscape pods, the standard door pockets are a limitation unfortunately (though I used to have the 5" version of the 608's in mine and they were very good). Both these models were top of the range a couple of years ago (JBL have a hyper expensive new range above them now though!) and sound great with all types of music (my listening tastes include a bit of almost everything!) They'd sound even better run off a separate amp, there are some bargain "old school" ICE amps around on ebay and places like Talk Audio forums, like the Denon DCA800 I use.

Food for thought?

Try clicking on Talk Audio Forum There's loads of advice on there.

I listen to similar but my kit is all old, 14 year old Mission freeway 6.5"comps up front, some 12 year old Alpine reference 6x9"s on the shelf and a 17 year old 8" Pro-plus in a custom box in the boot!

They do ROCK though, Sound deadening and seperate amps help immesely :clap: 8)