Sign in to follow this  
Novastrike

Heater Help!

I just changed the heater maxtrix, got it all back together and turned the fan on for the first time. it started well but after about 3 minutes died completely and will not turn on. Any idea's?

Thanks

Not working on all speeds? Usualy its the resister pack on the blower lets go so the fan only works on speed 4, if not working at all its probably the fuse.

Well its not working at all. it kind of died a slow death over 30 seconds. I have checked the blower fuse 6 and the aircon heating fuse and they both appeared fine but then again I am no expert. Any suggestions?

THanks for the tip! I changed the thermal fuse and its working a treat, however, my heater is still blowing cold air :(

I have replaced the heater matrix (which was leaking and had been bi-passed) and all of the fans etc are working. Any idea's?

What flavour C have you got mate? I know the VR's can be a bitch for air locks and its recommended to fill from the Rad neck rather then the expansion tank.

Also did you change the stat at the same time? Could be that little bugger is stuck shut?

Thanks for your help DanVW. This is rather embarrassing but it was testing the controls whilst the heater control unit was outside of the sent console, therefore, the cable was overstretched. When i actually fitted it properly I received my glorious hot air HURRAAHH!!! :)