Sign in to follow this  
Rinse

Alarm Woes...

Having a bit of trouble with my G60. The Toad alarm thats on it has stopped working full stop. (It hasn't worked since I got it.) When pressing the key fobs the light on the fob flashes but the car doesn't do anything.

Only the passenger side lock works on it too, so at the moment I've got to clamber though the car to unlock my drivers door! :bad-words:

Anyway, first things first. Fuses, Where abouts would I find the fuse for the alarm? Will I have to find the module or will it be in the Fusebox?

Was planning just getting a replacement alarm fitted, but can't find anyone in Inverness with good a reputation. So I'd have to go to Aberdeen if I'm going down that route. So I've decided to try and fix it myself... With your help. :notworthy:

I have a Toad Ai606 and the fuses for mine are right next to the alarm unit itself in the alarms loom.

As for the fob not working, Im not sure but its possible that if the alarm has been powered down for a prolonged period of time it may have forgot your key fob's ID so your fob wont work at all. Toad alarm's can be usually be programmed using the ignition key to enter a pin number. Once the pin has been entered and you are in the menu system of the alarm you can then "add" your fob's ID to the alarms memory. If you dont have any instructions go to Toads web site as they are available as a pdf download. If its not opening one door it could be a loose wire or maybe a problem with the central locking of the car itself, actuator maybe or vac pipe off.

I have a Toad Ai606 and the fuses for mine are right next to the alarm unit itself in the alarms loom.

As for the fob not working, Im not sure but its possible that if the alarm has been powered down for a prolonged period of time it may have forgot your key fob's ID so your fob wont work at all. Toad alarm's can be usually be programmed using the ignition key to enter a pin number. Once the pin has been entered and you are in the menu system of the alarm you can then "add" your fob's ID to the alarms memory. If you dont have any instructions go to Toads web site as they are available as a pdf download. If its not opening one door it could be a loose wire or maybe a problem with the central locking of the car itself, actuator maybe or vac pipe off.

Ace, cheers for the info.

Car had been sitting for a while with the battery off before I bought it so it could just be the fobs needing re-programmed. Will find the unit, check fuses and check the model of it. Cheers!

And with the locks not working I meant the driver side barrel was knackered so have to push down the lock getting out of the car and then use my key on the passenger door to lock that one, the central locking wasn't working from the pass door.

Got half the dash out looking for the Alarm/Fuses. Turned out they were right infront of my nose beside the fusebox... Half the dash was taken out before I made this discovery. :lol: No more working on the car after a nightshift!

Found out the alarm is a C5T2. Google has nothing of relevance to this immobilizer... Not a good sign. Will give Toad a phone later on.

Spoke to Toad. They have given me no information on the immobilizer and said I'd have to pay £150 just to call out an engineer who is probably just going to do a reset procedure on the alarm. Then asked about my closest Toad dealer and got flogged off by being told to check the yellow pages!! Which I've already checked and there's not even an alarm fitter close to me so I'm fucked unless I drive 100+ Miles to Aberdeen, Perth, Glasgow etc..

If I need to get a replacement Alarm they're definitely not getting my business!

Have the full installation guide here on pdf for that alarm. (courtesy of eBay several years ago!)

If you want a copy just PM me your e-mail address.

Cheers