Sign in to follow this  
B41LEY

VR6 Distributor, can you still get them???

Got an early vr6 on a k plate, so distributor rather than coilpack. My now very good friend tom (purpletom) has diagnosed using his vagcom that the "hall" sensor inside the distributor is at fault for my intermitent starting fault. Originally hoped i could just replace the sensor but don't seem to be able to find anyone selling these, rang my local vw dealers and gsf and neither even sell new distributors! Only 1 on ebay and thats £80+postage! Is that a fair price to pay? Any ideas or suggestions? Cheers Ian

Ian. The distributor version of the VR6 was sold in far greater quantities in the USA than in Europe. I suggest you log into forums.vwvortex.com , go to the classified ads for Corrado Parts, and start a thread in there stating you want to buy.

- Do the same on the Passat classified forum (I think the B3 used the same engine).

- Keep bumping the threads every day for two weeks.

Someone usually bites.

The Seat people carrier (I forget the name) also made use of the distributor version ofthe VR6 engine. The Ford Galaxy doesnt use it.

Good luck.