Sign in to follow this  
ray_vr6

Clifford Alarm and 6 months storeage

Hi

I am about to put my corrado back on the road after 6 months and was wondering what my clifford concept 50 is going to do when I reconnect the battery - any ideas or advice?

Cheers in advance

It will complain like mad - i.e. it will alarm itself and lock everything, even if you had it in Valet mode when you left it.

So - do not leave the keys in the car with the doors closed when you re-connect the battery. You WILL get locked out. As a local garage found out when they were doing some work on my car which needed the battery disconnected. Grrrrr

Thanks for that - My neighbours are going to love me!!!!

You can always turn the alarm off - not with the valet switch, I mean on the siren housing itself, using the silver coloured key.

I was thinking of something similar last night. I will need to detatch battery for mine as my new storage place has no power :(

The alarm is a Clifford C500 does anyone know if it is going to go nuts when i remove the battery??

also when it goes crazy & locks doors etc on reconnection is it possible to shut it up with the key fobs ie dissarm it? Ive had no end of problems with the scorpion VAG alarm so was hoping the Clifford would be more serviceable :?

cheers :D

im pretty sure mine has no key either and i bought it. there is the "smart pad" or whatever they call it on the dash, do you have a 2 button pad in your car Ray??

Keep keys to hand and close doors boot etc..

It will go off once you reconnect it, but just shut bonnet (or press down on the alarm plunger that should be on the slam panel/ rear of engine bay) and hit the fob to turn it off...

wait 5-10 seconds and dis-arm...

Remember that all "Thatcham" alarms will require annual servicing (and proof of) to keep their "rating" with insurance companies... so you may want to book that for when you get the car back on the road too!

unfortunatly I did not receive key for the siren disable function when i bought the car!

I dont think that these keys are specific to each installation - so a Clifford dealer may be able to supply you one.

Keep keys to hand and close doors boot etc..

Remember that all "Thatcham" alarms will require annual servicing (and proof of) to keep their "rating" with insurance companies... so you may want to book that for when you get the car back on the road too!

Really, I've never been asked, mind you I've never claimed! Is it safe to assume they are only likely to check for any claim involving a theft.

Also this seems very impractical and a bit of a logistical nightmare! :eek:

Also, I never have problem with my Clifford when removing the battery, I just disarm and remove the battery within a minute or 2. (This is probably valet mode). Expect random things when you reconnect it though, nothing a few presses of the fob won't cure.

cheers for all info :wave:

sorry for the hijack Ray

Hows the build Jonny?? still need my stickers off you but im 2500 miles away ATM :(

cheers for all info :wave:

sorry for the hijack Ray

Hows the build Jonny?? still need my stickers off you but im 2500 miles away ATM :(

It was running OK, I managed to remap it myself with pretty good results and safe fuelling / timing levels but the belt was heading towards self destruction, SO.

Back in the garage for stage 2 now, or should I say stage 22 over the winter. Anyway, I killed the charger belt because the bracket is schiiite! So a new remanufactured bracket is going on with a new belt and tensioner bearing. A new charge cooler system is also going on with a short runner and slim line fans. And I'm gonna fix an annoying little oil leak. Doesn't sound allot but I bet its the new year before its up and running again.

As for the stickers, they are still exactly where you left them, feel free to collect them and have a gander at my progress when your back in the UK. :wave:

Every thing went fine -yes it did go mental on reconnecting the battery but just hit he disarm button on fob and every thing ok!

As for the car (1990 16v) - after what was actually 8 months sitting outside (with loads of wd40 applied at regular intervals) fired up fine ater 3 or so attepts!

Goes into Mike O'Neils new place in Rosyth tomorrow for prep work for mot - fingers well crossed!

If its in valet mode the siren will not go off when the battery is didconnected and reconnected even after 6 months, trust me i have done it loads of times, even if the siren internal battery is flat as the alarm itself knows it was put in valet mode.

If its a Cat1 alarm 1 of the things it has to do is turn it out of valet when the ignition is turned off then on for Cat1 status, so just disconnect and reconnect the battery with the keys in your hand to be safe, but i have done it with them in the ignition but with the ignition on.