Sign in to follow this  
James sprinter

Mate's goosed gearbox

A friend of mine has a Mk 2 Golf GTi 1.8 16v with a shagged gearbox. He's done some ringing around the scrappers but the best they can offer is gearbox from a Corrado 1.8 16v.

Anyone know if its possible to use the corrado box in the golf without modification?

This mate of mine will be coming over from the dark-side soon to Corrado ownership :lol:

Cheers in advance

haha, thats quite ironic that they don't have a Golf box, but have a C one, weird.

whats the betting its the first and last time that will happen

The Corrado gearbox is cable change whereas the Golfs are not I think. Anyone want to back me up on this or am i wrong?

The Corrado gearbox is cable change whereas the Golfs are not I think. Anyone want to back me up on this or am i wrong?

of course you could try looking in yer Lindsey Porter book(s) :-P :lol: :lol: .......seriously i think you've hit the nail on the head grim.......no 747's going about either :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink:

of course you could try looking in yer Lindsey Porter book(s) :-P :lol: :lol: .......seriously i think you've hit the nail on the head grim.......no 747's going about either :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink:

hehehehehe! :wink: