Sign in to follow this  
skinnyman9000

Whats all this about then?

My rado has decided to start making a strange noise.

When i hit just over 30 i get a distant rumbling/grinding/humming noise. It doesnt happen at lower speeds, it literally just kicks in at 30, increases in pitch and dies off at 40-45ish. I initially thought it could be a gearbox issue, but it occurs in 2nd, 3rd and 4th, and when im cruising down hills out of gear (i only did this to test, i dont normally do this).

So with this in mind, am i looking at something like a knackered wheel bearing? Ive had a wheel bearing go on it before and it didnt make this sound

i'll echo what Jim says - probably sounds like a bearing - get the car up in the air and check all the wheels for play to start with...

and you're right - adaptors/spacers are nasty nasty things that hate wheel bearings!

Bearings.. Just to join the herd.. Have had mine go and pretty much exactly as you describe...

x2 mines been doing this for around a month. Plus the CV joint is fubar'd after the CV boot had a tiny split in it and spat all the grease out.