Sign in to follow this  
V-Dubstar

Wishbone bushes

Need some advice please...

I've pressed out the old rear donut bushes on a couple of wishbones Im refurbing today, and fitting these http://www.fourseasontuning.com/?product=308#

1) Im not 100% on the front bushes tho, has anyone fitted these to wishbones and been successful? Last thing I want is to press the originals out and then need to press them back in again in case I damage them. From looking at the existing bush in place, there's a metal sleeve that the bush fits into?

2.) Also, with the bushes out, is it wise to sand blast the housing area for the bushes in case material gets taken away and the new bush will be loose?

3.) Should I paint the wishbones with the new bushes in ready, or paint them and then press them in? If with them in, do I need to mask them off?

Thanks for your time and help!! :salute:

yep I did these and used nothing more than a vice and some hoofing great sockets to push the rear bushings in.

front ones go in fine too although they are pretty tight.

I'd just clean up the lip of the hole they go in and paint up afterwards, I wouldn't think it would harm if you sand blasted the wishbones before fitting the bushes though