Sign in to follow this  
Alexander

Uprated wiring loom - should it affect high beams?

As above really, my G60 has an uprated wiring loom, which is great for the normal dipped headlights, but as soon as I turn my high beams on, it's more like turning them off!! You can see the beam change angle but it goes from bright and white to really dim and yellow.

One thing I did think of was maybe the normal beams have had high power bulbs fitted (Philips BlueVision or the like) and the high beams are still on old standard yellowish bulbs. Am I right in thinking the uprated loom should boost both beams?

As above really, my G60 has an uprated wiring loom, which is great for the normal dipped headlights, but as soon as I turn my high beams on, it's more like turning them off!! You can see the beam change angle but it goes from bright and white to really dim and yellow.

One thing I did think of was maybe the normal beams have had high power bulbs fitted (Philips BlueVision or the like) and the high beams are still on old standard yellowish bulbs. Am I right in thinking the uprated loom should boost both beams?

I had thi swith mine when first fitted.... Was one of the fuses in the new loom. Can't remeber exactly which etc though

Ah interesting, I have a dodgy connection on a fuse holder in mine which I'm going to sort this weekend... could be related?

How many fuses are there in the loom, and are they all inline?

Ah interesting, I have a dodgy connection on a fuse holder in mine which I'm going to sort this weekend... could be related?

How many fuses are there in the loom, and are they all inline?

Errr now I'm struggling to remember... 2 in mine I believe,... Can check at the weekend if you like.

Thanks dude, only if you've got your bonnet open.

Regarding uprated looms, is there only one type, or are there a few ways to do it?