Sign in to follow this  
ozowen

Water in passenger side floor

As described. The VRT has been sat doing nothing since the Air Balloon and has been rain'd on quite a few times during its idleness. Anyhow today wife in garden cleaning me at front giving the daily VR a 3 stage meguilars polish and hoover etc. I remembered that the VRT still had dust from the meet so opened her up to hoover it and as I started cleaning the mats notice the water, it was quite sodden too. Does anyone know where it might be getting in from so I can resolve this before the real bad weather begins

:help: :help: :help:

Check inside the windscreen wiper motor tray area for leaves and debris blocking the water drain holes. This can sometimes cause water to get trapped and then overflow into the interior heaters air intake.

Also in the same place check the gasket underneath the interior heaters air intake. The foam seal could be rotten or the whole thing not attached properly. While your in there its worth removing all the foam from it and then re-seal the whole unit using some hefty waterproof sealant to prevent future agro. I used black roofing sealant on mine and the problem was sorted.

Cheers Marc. I looked in there tonight but it was getting dark, managed to find a fair bit of debris will open her up tomorrow and get cleaning. By the air intake heater thing I presume that is the black box near the ecu. If so I will clean that a give it a good glub of sealant.

Thanks for the response, will see you for another chat at The Stealth Rolling road day, should be a good un. I am hoping to bring both VR's but if I can't get wife to come or Bro will be in the original want to see if she is performing right.

Thats the one, the plastic box with mesh on top near the ecu. Theres a foam seal that sits between that and the bodywork. It could be that or as i said the drain holes blocked up.

Yeah Stealth day should be a good un, cant wait :norty: see you there :wave:

Check inside the windscreen wiper motor tray area for leaves and debris blocking the water drain holes. This can sometimes cause water to get trapped and then overflow into the interior heaters air intake.

Also in the same place check the gasket underneath the interior heaters air intake. The foam seal could be rotten or the whole thing not attached properly. While your in there its worth removing all the foam from it and then re-seal the whole unit using some hefty waterproof sealant to prevent future agro. I used black roofing sealant on mine and the problem was sorted.

If it's not that chances are you've a leak through you passenger door card membrane, if the liquid is greasy it'll be a matrix leak :(

Another thread HERE