Sign in to follow this  
W3RKD

anyone bigger up front than me???? lol (56k beware)

well tonight i had the old girl running for the first time in about 2 mts tonight (v busy @ the moment you see ) and my inital imperssions are WOW gonna get the bumper back on tomorrow and take it for a good drive :lol: :lol:

roll on inters!!!

looking at marketing the complete kit now we have all the pipe runs sorted etc... come and see us at inters jpk..

i see,i bet you cant wait :D ,question,what did you use to clean the intercooler before you installed,if you cleaned it at all. i found some good metal working shop around my area and they will do my piping from stainless steel,i wint gonna use any plastics exept for the joints from the RSR outlet to IC pipe and to throttle body,the bend from charger to ic will be made complete from steel so it should have a nice flow altogether.

yes this will be the idel way to go but we wanted to run a prototype first before having mandrel pipework made up for this conversion...

sorry i missed you at inters, as soon as you get any news on the ic kit i am very interested! have you been able to take the car out for a good drive yet?? interested to know the results :lol:

plus do you do the oil coolers as well??

yeah done around 1k miles with it now and all i can say is "yeah baby " well worth the work imho!! oil cooler kits are £130.00 + £5 p&p

The thing is at the moment this kit isn't exactly a diy fit kit! (which we want it to be before we market it) i had to do a few body mods to fit it.. also im still waiting for the pipe benders to come back with prototype ali mandrel bent pipe work for the system.. The price .. with custom all ali i/cooler (sprinter sized) mandrel pipework is going to be in the region of £500 but this will include ALL brand new parts as well samco hoses (where needed ) and st st clamps. it will also a complete diy fit only needing the bumper to be slightly modified to get best from it...

see pic to see modded bumper..

where's your rad gone darren? did you really drop it down almost to the ground? i can see right through the grill, it looks like the rad wouldn't fit in the space below that i can't see... is it a different rad than stock? :?

..that rallye u-bend has no chance of working with an a/c compressor down there does it? :x

Wow just found this thread. Any more news on this? Radiator? Any way of running this intercooler setup WITHOUT modding the bumper as above?

The way you have done yours bigger ben looks as though you dont need to have modified the bumper as most of the intercooler is in line with th egrille area...is this the case?

Just out of interest, what's the surface area of this intercooler mod compared with either a Golf G60, or a Golf Rallye intercooler? :?

It looks lots longer, but nowhere near as deep as the Golf versions... :?

woah, one year, one month and 16 days... That's gotta be a record for resurrection on here! :crazyeyes:

Daz has since broken that Corrado. I'm pretty certain that he now uses custom made intercoolers instead of the sprinter one so that they can be DIY fitted... He'll probably be along soon to correct me (as usual! :lol: 8) )

:oops:

Sorry was looking for other stuff and saw this and just didnt click it was that old, I saw may in the dates i just thought it was last may!! My apologies!! Although in my defence it is a killer day, all the bosses went for a nice day trip to Alton Towers and left us lackies here with whole new processes and no instructions on how to impliment. Im keeping the forum open as my release! Keeping me sane

no need to apologise mate! 8) Not everyone knows about some of the older threads on here and it's soooo easy to not spot that a thread was started in 2003 (or even earlier!) In fact, this thread's been on the forum longer than I've been a user here... :crazyeyes: :lol: