pete_griff

Pete's M5 - Fresh Paint inbound...

looks nice and frrsh mate, but will have to wait till i see it in the flesh, as for the brakes i would just do them black for the nice sublte look.

Pete, Happy New Year buddy, that's looking very niiice :D Can't wait to see it for real.

How are you going to refurb the calipers? The evo ones are the best brembos to go for with the ceramic pistons. I'd make them siver, but then I might be biased, I think it would look good with a small M badge on them 8) Would be nice to find a transfer you can put on the base coat, then laquer over the top of it for a smooth wipe clean surface.

I also have some new piston seals that might fit the fronts which you can have if you like?

Hey Pete, the old gals looking really nice!

Those look very much like modified parts you're fitting...... :lol:

Knew you couldn't resist!

Dave

I also have some new piston seals that might fit the fronts which you can have if you like?

Not trying to mussle in here :grin: but if Pete doesn't need the seals, I know of someone who is looking for some. Anyway, feel free to drop me a PM if they're (eventually) available.

Very nice, how about putting the brembo badge on but in a matt finish (if the calipers are glos) or possibly very dark grey so you only see it when very close?

cheers pal. quite like that idea about the dark coloured brembo badge - i'll lok into that and see if i can get my hands on one or get one made...

looking good pete makes me want another one love the e39 shape :D

ta v much! :D

tbh, i don't like the tints and the fact it's a bit of a drug dealers car, but other than that i love pretty much everything about it :)

looks nice and frrsh mate, but will have to wait till i see it in the flesh, as for the brakes i would just do them black for the nice sublte look.

cheers pal. still not sure about the brembos... all black would be good, but i'm not decided yet if that's just too plain. oh well, i've got a while to choose!

Pete, Happy New Year buddy, that's looking very niiice :D Can't wait to see it for real.

How are you going to refurb the calipers? The evo ones are the best brembos to go for with the ceramic pistons. I'd make them siver, but then I might be biased, I think it would look good with a small M badge on them 8) Would be nice to find a transfer you can put on the base coat, then laquer over the top of it for a smooth wipe clean surface.

happy new year to you too buddy!

sorry but i defo don't want the calipers i silver as they will stand out too much under the wheels for my liking...

as for the refurb, i was going to strip all the paint off myself, then get them blasted, then get my friends at the bodyshop to paint them after that (and as you say, pop the logo, if there is one, on before the laquer goes on last...)

oh, and i'll speak to you about the seals when i get back, but i'll pretty much definitely have them please pal :D

(sorry mr vr6!)

Hey Pete, the old gals looking really nice!

Those look very much like modified parts you're fitting...... :lol:

Knew you couldn't resist!

Dave

cheers pal.

did try and phone you and Graham to say happy xmas, new year etc, but all i got was answerphone - hope you and Graham had a good bit of time off over the festive period, you always seem to be working, so hopefully you both had a nice break!

and yes, i know i'm modifying it, but it won't appear modified at all to the untrained eye. hopefully this is the only mod that it will ever receive as well...

(unless the engine goes pop and i'm forced to do a rebuild! ;) )

well i thought i'd get some pics up of it now it's done.

there are a couple of very minor imperfections so i will take the car back to be sorted at some point, but they are only very minor and you wouldn't notice unless i pointed them out.

overall very happy with the job, especially as i got mates rates.

coupleof pics below. the car was cleaner, but the pics are already 3 washes after i first cleaned and waxed it due to not having time to get some decent ones after i first waxed it.

caliper carriers for the brembos are being made before long, so hopefully they'll be ready for when i'm back (not meaning to pester you though pal if you're reading this!)...

pics:

edit - sorry they are ridiculously small; seems those are the new uploading rules???

what's going on Mods?...