Sign in to follow this  
8vMatt

Brembo 4 pots, new question about pads.

Matt, just slung a set of trw pads in the front of mine (standard VR6) seem to be upto the job at the mo, dunno what was in there before but the trw seem to create more brake dust. Only got these as had to take back some wrongly supplied parts and got the pads instead of a refund as i couldn't bne arsed to go anywhere else :lol:

Would also be interested to see if anyone else has used em

Cheers Mart

Hopefully they'll prove to be good. If not, once the new discs are bedded in alright, I could always use the part worn Brembo pads that came with the calipers, maybe. Hope you're well mate.

This is proving harder than I thought!

So I've got Boxster calipers, pads, 312mm discs and 6mm spacers. I've been speaking to Badger5 about hoses and carriers for a while, but after about 8 emails it turns out they don't actually do the correct carriers! :mad2:

Does anyone here run this set up and have an idea where to get carriers? I know a place sells them on ebay, but I've heard of a problem with their quality.

Another thing I'm wondering concerns hoses - I remember when I did the 312 conversion it was important to make sure the hoses weren't too long, as they could rub through and cause problems. Am I ok using hoses intended for a Ibiza/Leon Cupra from Badger5 or Goodridge - will they be too long?

Thanks,

Andy