Sign in to follow this  
John-M

Help - H'light adjuster needs replacing.

I need to replace the (drivers side) headlight level adjuster.

I have a new one, but can't seem to remove the old, broken, one.

Do you have to remove the headlight, take off the glass lens, and remove anything from inside ?

Or is it that I'm not applying sufficient brute force when trying to remove it from the back of the whole headlight housing ?

Any hints would be gratefully recieved :)

I need to replace the (drivers side) headlight level adjuster.

I have a new one, but can't seem to remove the old, broken, one.

Do you have to remove the headlight, take off the glass lens, and remove anything from inside ?

Or is it that I'm not applying sufficient brute force when trying to remove it from the back of the whole headlight housing ?

Any hints would be gratefully recieved :)

You do have to remove it. It isnt a big deal to do that. It is possible to remove it without removing the lens, but there is a serious danger that if you pull it wrongly, you damage the seat which the new one pushes into. Best to remove the lens.

- Use surgical gloves - the vacuum coating on the reflector degrades rapidly after it the natural oil on your skin comes into contact with it.

- Then stare at the new adjuster, you will see how it is meant to lock into place.

- Then peer through the back of the reflector as you jiggle the old one out.

- Refit, and at night adjust it to match the position of the other lamp (hoping that that one isnt out).

If this is the first time you've taken apart the headlamp, give yourself 1-2 hours to remove, do the change and refit.