Sign in to follow this  
blackrado1

Stainless manifold for 16v

I have been looking at but still haven't decided yet about stainless steel aftermarket exhaust manifolds, for 16v pre-cat corrado's. I enquired about one on Ebay from a seller knowing fully that the ones I have previously seen only fitted l/h drive corrado's due to the fact that the power steering rack would interfere with it. So when asking the seller if it fitted the eventual answer was, it fits corrado's without power steering, which leads me to the question, did vw send out any corrado's without power steering?, and raises the issue that the seller is possibly advertising a manifold that would not be any use to someone with a r/h drive 16v corrado with power steering. So anyone out there know the answer, are there any of these models out there without power steering?.

There are aftermarket four branch stainless steel aftermarket downpipes about but would tread carefully with ebay! Try mk2 Golf gti ones, think they are the same, Don`t think there were any non power steering raddo`s, certainly would`nt want to drive one :)