Sign in to follow this  
lycara

Help needed

Hi folks need your help again lol. Just been out to the car noticed the reservoir near the washer tank is nearly empty is has a red top on the bottle if that helps. I thought it was for the brakes but looking on ebay it appears to be for the power steering is that right? Also there is another very small tank on the left side of the engine but near to the windscreen that's also not got much fluid not sure what it is? Thanks guys

looking at the engine from the front of the car.

left side would be the brake/clutch reservoir

right side with red cap is power steering, behind that is big reservior for coolant think it should have blue cap

Thanx so much the power steering level is right near the bottom I have some slick 50 power steering fluid will that be ok to use? The brake tank is just minimum what will I need for that?

not sure on the power steering fluid never topped mine up as yet, wouldnt of thought it would matter as long as it looks the same :lol:

brake fluid ideally you dont want to be mixing quialities, but its better to have some in there than not. dont over fill tho leave enough room for the plunger.

if u bleed the whole system add the best stuff you can. dot 5 i think i used. shell stuff

Thanx so much the power steering level is right near the bottom I have some slick 50 power steering fluid will that be ok to use? The brake tank is just minimum what will I need for that?

All I know is that the Febi stuff is "S6161 Febi Hydraulic Fluid" and that if you have an early C you have to ignore the fact that the red cap actually says to use ATF (that's wrong, apparently it's becaused they used the caps off an older Golf).